Thursday, April 19, 2012

C4K for April

Natalie's Blog-Global Connections
Natalie's blog post was about how she is trying to get people to translate the Bible into 223 languages that are spoken in The Dominican Republic of the Congo. She seemed very passionate about this and even posted a video that explained what was going on there. There were many women who were raped and their husbands had to leave them because the situation was too dangerous for them to stay with their wives and children. She stated that the Bible can bring healing to so many people, especially those that have experienced warfare. I then told her that I attend a church here in Grand Bay and we take part in mission trips to Guatemala and El Salvador and I had been on 5 mission trips myself. I told her that I understood her passion to bring God's word to people around the world. In the video it stated that the church was being blamed for some of the problems there in the Congo and for some reason someone had said that Christians were killing people there. I asked her if she knew any more details about that part of the video and why they were being blamed.

White Tail Buck
This post was mainly about a white tail buck. He just said that he hunted white tail buck with his family and friends and that it was native to Vermont and New England. I told him that I was a hunter myself and that I had killed a few deer in my lifetime. I asked him how many deer he had ever killed as well as if he had ever killed  buck and how big it was if so. I also encouraged him to keep blogging. I told him that this was a great way to learn things about people.
white tail buck

Atown Hard
This post was about a boy named Joe who liked to wakeboard, ride motorcycles and go to a town called Atiamuri. He is from New Zealand. He described this as his favorite place in the world to go. I told him that i had ridden motorcycles before and that it seems like I would really like this place called Atiamuri. He also said that he plays rugby and I asked him if he was interested in any other sports. I told him that we had a group here at our university who played rugby and I would like to watch the sport, but I had never found the time to do it.

Playing with Mom and Dad
This blog post was by a little boy named Tucker. He described in a sentence how he liked playing with his Mom and Dad. They like to play the games Checkers and Connect 4. I told him how when I was little I loved to play those games and that playing games with my parents was a lot of fun for me. I told him that our favorite games were Trouble and Chutes and Ladders. I then asked him if he had ever played those games before and if he hadn't then he should try them because they are a lot of fun. I also encouraged him about his blogging. I told him that it was great that as a first grader that he was already interested in blogging online and told him to keep up the good work. This was a sweet blog post for me. I enjoyed reading it I think because he is so young and there is an innocence about his writing because of that.
connect 4 board game

No comments:

Post a Comment