Sunday, March 4, 2012

C4K Summary for February

Jordan's Holiday Here I Come
Jordan wrote about how he just got a new teacher in his class, but the teacher has to meet with them on skype because she is in Canada. She gave them a blog challenge, which was to write about where is somewhere that they would really like to go. Jordan wrote that he would like to go to Hawaii and visit all of the islands with his family, that way once he got older he could know which island he would rather visit if he ever returned. He wanted to know if it was always warm in Hawaii or cold there sometimes too. I wrote back and encouraged him about his blog post challenge and said that it was great. I also told him I would like to go to the mountains when it snowed because it rarely snowed here in Alabama and I asked him if it snowed a lot where he was from.

Ethans Facts about Columbus

Ethan wrote about Christopher Columbus's trip to the new world. He provided many facts for the reader and I found them very interesting. He wrote about how Christopher Columbus didn't kill the Native Americans, but many diseases did. He also wrote about how Isabella knew that he was a good explorer so she allowed him to search out the New World. I commented back and told him that I was actually learning about this in my History class that I was taking this semester. I told him that I found it interesting that they were in the New World but didn't know that they were there already. I also asked him what his favorite part of the story of Columbus's trip to the New World was.

Our Science Adventure by Mr. Avery's class
children in museum


Mr. Avery wrote about how his class visited The Boston Museum of Science to learn about volcanoes and earthquakes. They watched a movie in the Imax theater about the Ring of Fire which is a ring of underwater volcanoes in the Pacific. He posted numerous pictures and some videos of the children in the museum. I wrote on his blog and told him that we have a similar museum here in Mobile called the Exploreum and that I have visited it on numerous occasions. I liked this post because I got to actually see pictures of what the children were doing.

2 comments:

  1. Have you ever been to the Boston Museum of science? It is a fantastic place. My kids grew up in Boston and went there often.

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not! It sounds like a very interesting place. If I ever go to Boston I will have to visit! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete