Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blog post 7

The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler
students learning in online environment


The Networked Student by Wendy Drexler was a very neat video to watch. It was about a student who has to attend an American Psychology class 3 days a week and attend online 2 days a week. Throughout the video it speaks about what he does online and how he learns. He actually looks up other scholarly articles about psychology and writes his own opinions on it on the internet. He understands that what he reads on the internet is mainly the opinion of others. He also is able to get in touch with some of the top university professors in the world from Cambridge, Berkley and other colleges and get their opinion on American Psychology.
I think that this is such a good thing for a college student to be able to do. It is similar to EDM310 in many ways. Dr. Strange is here to guide us, show us how to use the internet properly, help us if we have any problems, give us his opinion on certain issues, and teach us how to do things such as; write a quality blog post, post pictures on our blog, as well as many other things. This is why the networked student needs a teacher. We cannot do it on our own. We need someone that is here to help us and guide us throughout the process or we will never get through classes like this.

3 comments:

  1. Some very good points were made throughout your post. I also believe that networked students still need a teacher. I like the sentence you said about teachers being a guide in the classroom. No matter how technologically advanced the classrooms become, a teacher is necessary.
    You may want to consider making your posts longer. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you ready to be a networked teacher?

    What about part 2 of the assignment?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I am. You have asked me this question before and I know I am. Apparently something in my posts aren't portraying that I am. Can you give me any constructive criticism? As far as the second part of the assignment, I'm guessing I left something out, because I thought I had completed it all.

    ReplyDelete