Thursday, February 9, 2012

C4T post 1

What Ed Said 
The first blog post that I commented on was entitled "What Should We Tell the Children". It was about how she found a picture of her Great Aunt Ada in a photo album and her 91 year old mother remembered a story about how she was never told that her Aunt died. She had tuberculosis and once she died, her mother was sent to a neighbors house while the adult family attended the funeral. She ended by stating that although her mother is 91 years old, she still remembers how she was never told properly that her Aunt had died. In my response to this blog post, I stated that children are more perceptive than we give them credit for and  that we should always be honest about things with our kids. Sometimes we have to water things down to where they are more age appropriate for them if they are younger, but if you're not honest, then it only makes it harder on the children in the long run.

Learning by Playing


This blog post was about how her grand nieces came to visit her and she allowed them to video each other while playing and she videoed them as well. She then showed them an app called cartoonatic, where they can edit the video themselves. She mentioned that they had a great time and the learning skills that they practiced were: thinking, communicating, reading, cooperating, creating and presenting. She then asked if we thought that laughter was considered a learning skill. I responded by saying that laughter was definitely a learning skill. It teaches that we are to be creative and happy! I also mentioned that I have a 2 year old son that loves to take video of himself and our family. I always catch him going through the videos on my iPod Touch and watching them over and over again(yes, he knows how to do this at the age of 2)! I wrote that I hope to be able to use apps and things like she used to make learning fun for students when I become a teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment